Before you can publish an update
- Make sure that you have a Paid iBooks Account or a Free iBooks Account.
- Make sure that you submitted your book to the iBooks Store at least one time.
- Install iTunes Producer on your Mac.
- Install the latest version of iBooks Author on your Mac.
- Make sure that your book’s file size is smaller than 2 GB.
Resubmit your book through iTunes Producer to make updates to the cover art, book file, sample file, or screenshots. You can also make changes to territory rights, book availability, and DRM settings (if applicable) in iTunes Connect or through iTunes Producer.
When you're ready to publish an update
- In iBooks Author, open the book (.iba file) that you'd like to update.
- Make your changes.
- In the iBooks Author toolbar, click Publish.
- Follow the prompts until you reach the Add Version Info screen.
- Select "This is an update to a previously submitted book."
- Click Continue.
- Choose which of your previously published books you'd like to update.
- Enter a new version number. The new version number must be higher than the version number that currently appears on the iBooks Store.
- Click Continue, then follow the prompts.
iBooks Author exports your updated book to iTunes Producer. Follow the onscreen instructions in iTunes Producer to publish your updated book to the iBooks Store. Most of the required fields will be filled in for you, but you'll need to include text in the What's New field.