About credit balances
After you redeem iTunes Gift Cards or iTunes Gifts, your updated balance appears in your iTunes Store account. Each time you purchase content, iTunes deducts funds from the credit until it's depleted.
The entire amount of a gift is credited to your iTunes Store account when you redeem it, so you don't need to enter your gift card number or gift code each time you want to buy something.
Credit balances are not available in all countries.
View your balance on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Tap iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks.
- In iBooks, tap Featured at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of page.
- If you're not already signed in, tap Sign In and enter your Apple ID and password.
- If you have a credit balance, you'll see it below your Apple ID.
View your balance in on your computer
You can view your balance in iTunes, the iBooks Store, or the Mac App Store.
- Open iTunes.
- If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click iTunes Store.
- If you have a credit balance, you'll see it in the upper-right corner of the iTunes Store.
In iBooks for Mac
- Open iBooks.
- Click iBooks Store.
If you're not already signed in, click Sign In above Quick Links and enter your Apple ID and password.
- If you have a credit balance, you'll see it next to your Apple ID above Quick Links.
In the Mac App Store
- Open the Mac App Store.
If you're not already signed in, click Account under Quick Links and enter your Apple ID and password. Then click Featured at the top of the app.
- If you have a credit balance, you'll see it next to Account under Quick Links.
Learn how to send an iTunes Gift or redeem iTunes Gift Cards and content codes. If you use Family Sharing, the credit you redeem will only be available to you. iTunes Store credit on your account isn't shared with other family members.
You can't redeem or return iTunes Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, and unused store credit balances for cash except as required by law. If your jurisdiction allows for refund of redeemed gift balances, you can request a refund by contacting iTunes Store Support, selecting a support category and topic, and including the following information in your request detail:
- Your Apple ID.
- The store credit refund amount.
- Your current shipping address.
Additional information might be requested for verification purposes.