When you redeem an iTunes Gift Card or iTunes Gift, the amount of the card or gift credits to your Apple ID. You can use the credit to make purchases in the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store as long as you sign in to each store with the same Apple ID. The credit is used for each purchase you make in a store until it's gone.
When you redeem an Apple Music Gift Card, you can choose to apply your credit directly toward an Apple Music Individual membership or add credit to your Apple ID.*
The entire amount of a card or gift is credited to your Apple ID when you redeem it, so you don't need to enter your card number or code each time that you want to buy something.
Credit balances are not available in all countries.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Using an iOS device, you can view your balance in the iTunes Store app, App Store app, or iBooks app.
- Open the iTunes Store app, App Store app, or iBooks app.
In iBooks, tap Featured at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of page.
- If you're not already signed in, tap Sign In and enter your Apple ID and password.
- If you have a credit balance, you'll see it under your Apple ID.
On your Mac or PC
- Open iTunes.
- If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click iTunes Store.
- If you have a credit balance, you'll see it in the upper-right corner of the iTunes Store window.
In iBooks for Mac
- Open iBooks.
- Click iBooks Store.
- If you're not already signed in, click Sign In above Quick Links on the right side of the window, then enter your Apple ID and password.
- If you have a credit balance, you'll see it next to your Apple ID.
In the Mac App Store
- Open the Mac App Store.
- If you're not already signed in, click Account under Quick Links on the right side of the window, then enter your Apple ID and password.
- Click Featured at the top of the app.
- If you have a credit balance, you'll see it next to Account under Quick Links.
Learn how to send an iTunes Gift or redeem iTunes and Apple Music Gift Cards. If you use Family Sharing, the credit you redeem is available only to you. Credit on your account isn't shared with other family members.
You can't redeem or return iTunes or Apple Music Gift Cards or unused store credit balances for cash, except as required by law. If your jurisdiction allows for refund of redeemed gift balances, you can request a refund by contacting iTunes Store Support, selecting a support category and topic, and including the following information in your request detail:
- Your Apple ID.
- The store credit refund amount.
- Your current shipping address.
Additional information might be requested for verification purposes.
*If you're not an Apple Music member, applying the credit automatically signs you up for a membership. If you’re already an Apple Music member, applying your credit to a membership extends your date of renewal by the number of months on the card.