Use Home Sharing on your Mac or PC
You can use Home Sharing with up to five computers on your home network. Follow these steps to use Home Sharing:
- Open iTunes.
- If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID. Use the same Apple ID for every computer or device on your Home Sharing network.
- From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose File > Home Sharing > Turn on Home Sharing.
Now you can use Home Sharing.
- Stream music, movies, TV shows, apps, and other iTunes content from one authorized computer to another. The computers need to be on and awake, and iTunes needs to be open.
- To see all of your shared libraries, click Music in the upper-left corner of iTunes.
- You can also copy some iTunes content from a shared library by dragging the content to your iTunes library.
Use Home Sharing on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings > Music, or Settings > Videos.
- Scroll down to Home Sharing.
- Tap Sign in and enter your Apple ID and password. Use the same Apple ID for every computer or device on your Home Sharing network.
Now you can use Home Sharing on your iOS device.
- To enjoy shared videos, open the Videos app, tap Shared, and choose a Library.
- To enjoy shared music on your iPhone or iPod touch through Home Sharing, open the Music app and tap My Music > Library. For iPad, just tap My Music. On the screen that appears, tap the category near the middle of the screen. Then tap Home Sharing and choose a shared Library to connect to.
Use Home Sharing on your Apple TV
- On your Apple TV (4th generation), go to Settings > Accounts > Home Sharing. On earlier models of Apple TV, go to Settings > Computers.
- Select Turn on Home Sharing.
- Then enter your Apple ID and password. Use the same Apple ID for every computer or device on your Home Sharing network.
Now you can use Home Sharing on your Apple TV:
- To find shared libraries, go to the main menu, select Computers, and choose a library.
- You can also view photos from your computer on your Apple TV: Open iTunes on your computer. Then go to File > Home Sharing > Choose Photos to Share with Apple TV.
If you don't see shared libraries after you set up Home Sharing, find out what to do.