Begin by adding ”System files” as a search criteria:
- Press Command-F to open a search window in the Finder.
- From the Kind pop-up menu, choose Other.
- Select ”System files” in the sheet that appears.
- Click OK.
You can now search for system files:
- Start a new search by typing a term in the search field of the Finder window.
- Choose ”System files” from the Kind pop-up menu, then choose ”are included” from the adjacent menu.
- Select search scope that includes an area with system files. For example, choose This Mac to search the entire computer, which includes the /System and /Library folders.
In the example below, the Helvetica LT font contained in the /System/Library/Fonts folder is found by including all system files in the search of This Mac.
Learn more about searching for files in the Finder.