- Choose Apple menu () > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups.
- Click , then enter your administrator name and password.
- Click Login Options.
- Select the ”Show Input menu in login window” checkbox.
- Choose Apple menu > Log Out.
- If the login window is a list of users, select the user to be logged in.
- The Input menu should appear in the upper-right corner. Choose your input source from the menu. If you don't see an input source, choose Other Input Sources from the menu.
Change your keyboard layout from the login window
Learn how to set up your Mac so that you can change the input source (or keyboard layout) from a menu in the login window.
This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple.
Published Date: Thu May 17 20:52:05 GMT 2018