This document applies to iTunes 8.1 or later and Macintosh computers managed by Mac OS X Server v10.5 via Workgroup Manager only. Workgroup Manager is an administrative tool included with Mac OS X Server.
- For information about administrative management of iTunes Control Features in Mac OS Server v10.4 or earlier, refer to Managed Client: How to manage iTunes Control Features for iTunes 7.1 or later.
- For information about administrative management of iTunes Control Features for Windows, refer to Windows OS Managed Client: How to manage iTunes control features .
- For information about the use of the iTunes Parental controls via iTunes preferences, refer to iTunes: Using Parental Controls.
iTunes offers parental, enterprise, and education controls which give system administrators the ability to set content restrictions. The following information is for customers who want to pre-configure parental and/or other controls in iTunes for Mac OS X.
The various feature controls in iTunes for Mac OS X can be managed with Workgroup Manager by following these steps:
- In Workgroup Manager, select a user, group, or computer list.
- Select Preferences, then the Details tab.
- Click the Plus ( ) button, and then Select the following preference file:
- In the same window, select the "Always" option from the "Manage imported preferences" pop-up menu.
- Click the "Add" button to create the new preference item.
- Add any of the following keys as shown below, depending on the settings you wish to manage:
- Click "Apply Now" to save the changes.
- Click Done in the lower-left corner to close the Preference Editor sheet.
|disableCheckForApplicationUpdates||boolean||true||Added in iTunes 10|
|disableCheckForDeviceUpdates||boolean||true||Added in iTunes 10|
|disableHomeSharing||boolean||true||Added in iTunes 10|
|disablePing||boolean||true||Added in iTunes 10.1|
|disableFirstRunWelcomeWindow||boolean||true||Added in iTunes 10.2|