Your Apple ID is the account that you use to access Apple services like the iTunes Store, Apple Music, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime and more.
You only need one Apple ID, and when you sign in with that Apple ID on all of your devices, you get access to all of your iTunes Store purchases.
Get help with billing or subscription issues.
Store availability and features might vary by country or region.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the iTunes Store App.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Sign In.
- Tap Use Existing Apple ID, then enter the Apple ID and password that you use with the iTunes Store.
- Tap OK.
When you sign in to the iTunes Store, you also automatically sign in to the Music, App Store, iBooks, and Podcasts apps on your device.
On your Mac or PC
If you don't have iTunes on your computer, get the latest version of iTunes. Then follow these steps to sign in:
- Open iTunes.
- From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > Sign In.
- Enter the Apple ID and password that you use with the iTunes Store. Then press the Return or Enter key on your keyboard or click Sign In.
- Click iTunes Store.
In iTunes, you can edit your account information, change your payment method and see your purchase history. You can also browse and buy content like music, movies, TV shows, and more from the iTunes Store.
On a Mac, you can sign into the App Store and iBooks Store with the same Apple ID that you use in iTunes. After you open the app that you want to sign in to, choose Store > Sign In from the menu bar at the top of your computer screen.
If you sign in to iTunes 12.2 or earlier and use two-factor authentication with your Apple ID, you might need to enter a verification code with your password. Get a verification code from your trusted device with iOS 9 or later or OS X El Capitan or later, then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.
On your Apple TV
When you sign in to the iTunes and App Store on your Apple TV, you can access TV shows, movies, or music that you purchased from the iTunes Store. If you have an Apple TV (4th generation), you can also listen to music with your Apple Music membership.
Sign in using these steps:
- From the Home screen, choose Settings > Accounts > iTunes and App Store.
- Select Sign In, then sign in with your Apple ID and password.
If you still can't sign in
- If you forgot your password, learn how to reset it.
- If you forgot your Apple ID, learn how to find it.
- Learn what to do if you forget the answers to your security questions.
- Learn what to do if your account is disabled.
If you have more questions about your Apple ID, you can find more information through Apple Support.
If you're a member of Apple Music
Apple Music members can listen to the tens of millions of songs* in the Apple Music catalog. As part of your membership, you can stream many songs and albums without buying them from the iTunes Store.
*Availability of songs might vary by country or region.
Get more help
- See your purchase history in the iTunes Store on a Mac or PC.
- Get help with an item purchased from the iTunes Store, App Store, Mac App Store, or iBooks Store.
- Learn what to do if you see an unfamiliar or unknown iTunes Store or App Store charge on your bank, credit card, or debit statement.
- Learn how to view, change, or cancel your subscriptions.