To make sure that the firewall on your Windows PC isn’t blocking iTunes, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard. If your keyboard doesn't have a Windows key, press the Control (Ctrl) and Escape (Esc) keys on your keyboard.
- Click on the magnifying icon or search field. In the search field, enter
firewall.cpl. The Windows Firewall window opens.
- Windows 10 and 8: Click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall."
- Windows 7: Click "Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall."
- Click "Change settings."
- Make sure that iTunes is selected for both private and public networks.
Make sure that Bonjour is selected for private networks only.
- If the programs aren't listed:
Windows 10 and 8: Click "Allow another app."
Windows 7: Click "Allow another program."
- If iTunes isn't listed, click Browse and then go to the iTunes program, which is in
If Bonjour isn't listed, click Browse and then go to mDNSResponder, which is in
- After selecting one of the programs, click Open.
- Windows 10 and 8: Click Add in the Add an app window.
Windows 7: Click Add in the Add a Program window.
- Windows 10 and 8: In the Allowed apps window, click OK.
Windows 7: In the Allowed Programs window, click OK.
- Close the Windows Firewall window.