Using Restrictions in iTunes on your Mac or PC, you can turn off access to:
- Internet radio
- The iTunes Store
- Apple Music Connect
- Shared libraries
You can also set restrictions so that someone using your computer can't listen to music with explicit content, watch movies or TV shows with specific ratings, download apps that have specific age ratings, or read books with explicit content.
- Open iTunes.
- Mac: From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose iTunes > Preferences.
PC: Hold down the Control and B keys on your keyboard to show the iTunes menu bar. Then choose Edit > Preferences. Learn more about menus in iTunes for Windows.
- Click the Restrictions tab.
- Select the items that you want to disable and restrict. You can also set rating levels for movies, TV shows, and apps using the menus to the right of these items.
- If you want to make sure that other people can't make changes to your restrictions, click the lock icon in the lower-left corner of the window and enter the administrator password for your computer. If you want to make changes to what you've disabled or restricted, click the lock icon and enter your password when prompted.
- Click OK to confirm your choices.