You can find your serial number in several places. Keep in mind that Apple hardware product serial numbers may sometimes contain the number "0" (zero), but never the letter "O".
If you have the iPod with you, you can do one of these:
- Connect your iPod to your computer.
- When the iPod appears in iTunes, select it on the left side of the iTunes window under Devices.
- Click the Summary tab. Your iPod's serial number will display on screen. For iPod shuffle (1st and 2nd generation), click the Settings tab.
On the iPod About screen
You can find your serial number in the About screen on your iPod:
- iPod touch and iPod nano (7th generation): Choose Settings > General > About.
- Other iPod models: Choose Settings > About and press the Center button until you see the serial number.
On the back of your iPod
Depending on your model of iPod, the serial number is either engraved on the back case or is on or below the clip. The images below show examples.
iPod, iPod nano, and iPod touch
Engraved on the back case toward the bottom. This is the original iPod:
iPod shuffle (4th generation) and iPod nano (6th generation)
On the clip face that touches the back of the device when the clip is closed. This is the iPod shuffle (4th generation):
iPod shuffle (3rd generation)
On the back of the device under the clip in the area closest to the bottom of the device.
iPod shuffle (2nd generation)
On the inside edge of the clip on the back of the device. You'll need to open the clip to find the serial number.
On the back of the device (the side with the Apple logo) along the bottom right side.
On your iPod packaging
If you still have the original packaging for your iPod, you can find your serial number on the barcode label that's affixed to the packaging.
On your iPod invoice or receipt
Some retailers may include the serial number of your iPod on the receipt.
Online at My Support Profile
If you used your Apple ID to register or purchase your iPod, you may find the serial number listed in My Support Profile (available in the United States and Canada). Log in with your Apple ID and find your iPod in the My Products box on the main page:
You may have more than one Apple ID and not realize it. For more information, visit My Apple ID and click Find out.