How to restart
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the slider appears.
- Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
- After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.
How to force restart
You should force restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch as a last resort, and only if it's not responding. Follow these steps to force restart your device:
- On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
- On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
Get more help
You can also learn what to do if your device still doesn't respond or turn on.