How to restart
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
- Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
- After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.
How to reset
- You should reset your device as a last resort and only if you can't restart it.
- To reset, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
Get more help
You can also learn what to do if your device still doesn't respond or doesn't turn on.