Before you send us your device
- Sync your device with iTunes.
- Back up your device.
- Turn off iMessage: Tap Settings > Messages.
- Erase the content on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. If you're using iOS 7 or later, you'll be asked to:
- Enter your passcode, if one is enabled.
- Tap Erase.
- Tap a second time to confirm that you want to erase your device.
- Enter your Apple ID password to turn off Find My iPhone and remove your account from the device.
- Make sure that Find My iPhone is off by checking the Activation Lock status. If you need help, you can learn more about removing your device from Find My iPhone.
- Remove any case or protective film you've put on the device.
- If your iPhone or iPad has a SIM card, remove the SIM card.
If your iPhone or iPad has cellular service, you can contact your carrier to discuss options for using another cellular device while we're repairing yours.
Contact Apple support for more helpful information about servicing your device.