- H.264 (for iPod models with video capability)
- MPEG 2
To save them to your computer, Control-click (or right-click) on the sample file icons and choose "Download Link to Disk" or "Download linked file as" or "Save link target as" depending on which browser you are using. The downloaded file will be compressed as a Zip archive and must first be decompressed before it will open in QuickTime Player. The latest version of QuickTime is available here.
- QuickTime 6 and 7 can play back MPEG-2 content using the QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component. It is available as an add-on to QuickTime at the Apple Store. Once you have purchased and installed the MPEG-2 Playback Component, you can use the MPEG-2 file linked to in this document to test the installation and configuration of the software.
- QuickTime 6.5 or later required to playback 3GPP content.
- QuickTime 6 or later required to playback MPEG-4 content. This file also meets the requirements for playback on Fifth Generation iPod.
- QuickTime 7 or later required to playback H.264 (iPod video) content.
- iTunes 5 or later required to playback movies.