- MPEG 2
To save a sample file to your computer, Control-click (or right-click) on the sample file icon and choose "Download Link to Disk" or "Download linked file as" or "Save link target as" depending on which browser you are using. The downloaded file is compressed as a Zip archive and must first be decompressed before it can be used with apps like QuickTime Player.
- QuickTime 6 and 7 can play back MPEG-2 content using the QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component. This component is available as an add-on to QuickTime at the Apple Store. Once you've purchased and installed the MPEG-2 Playback Component, you can use the MPEG-2 file linked to in this document to test the installation and configuration of the software.
- QuickTime 6.5 or later required to playback 3GPP content.
- QuickTime 6 or later required to playback MPEG-4 content. This file also meets the requirements for playback on Fifth Generation iPod.
- QuickTime 7 or later required to playback H.264 (iPod video) content.
- iTunes 5 or later required to playback movies.