Security questions help Apple verify that you're the person requesting access to your account. If you forgot your answers, use these steps to verify your identity, then reset your security questions.
Reset your security questions
- Go to iforgot.apple.com.
- Enter your Apple ID, then select Continue.
- Choose the option to reset your security questions, then select Continue.
- Enter your Apple ID password, then select Continue.
- Follow the onscreen steps to verify your identity. If you don't get any options to verify your identity, you can't reset your security questions at this time.
- Choose new security questions and answers and select Continue. See our tips for choosing security questions and keeping your account secure.
If you have trouble remembering your security questions, you might want to set up two-factor authentication. With two-factor authentication, you don't need security questions to secure your account or verify your identity. Two-factor authentication is built right in to iOS 9 and OS X El Capitan, and it's currently available to users who meet specific account and system requirements.
Get more help
If you need help resetting your security questions, contact Apple Support.
If you answer your security questions incorrectly too many times in a row, you temporarily can't use your security questions. Try to reset your questions after the waiting period ends.