To use the Made for iPhone hearing aids, you need one of these devices with iOS 7 or later:
- iPhone 4s and later
- iPad Pro
- iPad Air and later
- iPad (4th generation)
- iPad mini and later
- iPod touch (5th generation) and later
Find out which hearing aids are compatible with your iOS device.
Pair and connect
When you pair a Made for iPhone hearing aid to your iOS device, audio from your iOS device goes to your hearing aid. If you turn off your hearing aid, you need to reconnect it when you want to use it with your iOS device again.
To pair your hearing aid, follow these steps:
- Open your hearing aid's battery doors.
- On your iOS device, tap Settings > General > Accessibility > Hearing > Hearing Devices.
- If Bluetooth is off, turn it on under Devices.
- Close your hearing aid's battery doors. Your iOS device will search for your hearing aid.
- Under Devices, tap the name of your hearing aid.
- Tap Pair when you see the pairing request on the screen. If you have two hearing aids, you'll get two requests. Pairing could take up to a minute.
You can start using your hearing aid when you see it under Devices with a check mark. Control on Lock Screen will be on. Leave it on to control your hearing aid from the Lock screen (using the Accessibility Shortcut) and from Control Center.
Pair with more than one device
When you pair your hearing aids with more than one iOS device, the connection for your hearing aids switches from one device to the other when you use audio. The connection also switches when you receive a call on your iPhone. If you make changes to your hearing aid settings on one device, they're sent to your other iOS devices.
To pair with another iOS device, follow these steps:
- Make sure all iOS devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID.
- Follow the steps for how to pair your hearing aid.
Connect when you turn on your hearing device
When you turn off your hearing aid, it disconnects from your iOS device. When you turn on your hearing aid, open and close the battery doors on your hearing aid to connect again.
Control your hearing device
You can use your iOS device to see your hearing aid's battery life, adjust the volume, and turn on Live Listen. To control your hearing aid, use Settings or the Accessibility Shortcut.
Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Hearing > Hearing Devices. Then tap your hearing aid's name.
Here's what you can do in Settings:
- View battery life
- Adjust volume levels for either or both hearing aids
- Choose an audio preset
- Turn on Live Listen
- Unpair your hearing aid
Learn how to use the Accessibility Shortcut to control your hearing aids.
Learn more about compatibility with other hearing aids.
Compatible hearing devices
- AGXsp 2
- Beltone Boost
- Beltone First
- Beltone Legend
- Beltone Boost Plus
- Beltone Silk
- Baha 5
- Baha 5 Power
- Baha 5 SuperPower
- Danavox Aio
- Danavox Gala
- Danavox Logar
- EarLens Processor
- KS 6.0
- Kinnect 2
- ReSound Cala
- ReSound ENZO
- ReSound ENZO2
- ReSound Lancio
- ReSound LiNX
- ReSound LiNX TS
- ReSound LiNX2
- ReSound Sola
- ReSound SOUSA Fine
- ReSound Up Smart
- Halo 2
- Udito Finissimo