Follow these steps to install Apple Remote Desktop and update it to a version compatible with Lion or later.
First, manually install Remote Desktop 3.3
- Copy the Apple Remote Desktop Installer from the Installation disc to your desktop.
- Control-click or right-click the Installer icon.
- Choose Show Package Contents from the shortcut menu that appears.
- From the package contents window that opens, open the Contents folder, then open the Installers folder.
- Control-click or right-click RemoteDesktopAdmin.pkg and choose Show Package Contents.
- From the package contents window that opens, double-click the Archive.pax.gz file to expand it.
- In the expanded archive, navigate to Archive/Applications/ and drag Remote Desktop to your Applications folder.
Next, update to a newer version of Apple Remote Desktop
Use the instructions below to install a compatible version of Apple Remote Desktop Admin on the OS X version you are using.
OS X Yosemite
First, update to OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 or later. Then use the Updates pane of the Mac App Store to update to Remote Desktop 3.8 or later.
After updating, Remote Desktop appears in your list of Mac App Store purchases. You can install it on other computers that meet system requirements by logging into the Mac App Store using your Apple ID.
OS X Mavericks and earlier
Use Software Update to update to the latest version of Apple Remote Desktop compatible with your version of OS X.