If you see No Service or Searching
If you see No Service or Searching on your device, or can't connect to a cellular network or cellular data, follow these steps:
- Check your coverage area to make sure you're in an area with cellular network coverage.
- If you can't connect to a cellular network, make sure cellular data is on in Settings > Cellular.
- If you're traveling internationally, make sure your device is set up for data roaming. Go to Settings > Cellular > Data Roaming.
- Restart your iPhone or iPad.
- Check for a Carrier Settings Update.
- Remove the SIM card then reinsert it. If the SIM card is damaged, worn, or bent, or doesn't fit in the SIM tray, contact your carrier.
- Try another location. If possible, see if other devices are able to connect to your carrier's network in that location.
- Contact your carrier to:
- Verify that your account is active and in good standing.
- Make sure there are no outages in your area.
- Check that your device is not blocked from receiving cellular services and set up with the right data plan.
- Update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS.
If you can connect to 3G but not 4G LTE
If you can connect your iPhone or iPad to 3G but not 4G LTE, make sure your device is compatible with LTE. Go to Settings > Cellular > Enable LTE. Identify your iPhone and compare its model number with the list of supported LTE carriers for your country location. Or identify your iPad and compare its model number with the list of supported LTE carriers for your country location. LTE options might vary depending on your carrier's network.