To use an app with an earlier version of iOS or OS X, you might need an earlier version of the app. For example, your iPhone with iOS 9 might be compatible with a different version of Pages than your iPad with iOS 7.
Here's what you need:
- iOS 4.3.3 or later on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- OS X Mountain Lion or later on your Mac
Here's how to find out if there's a compatible version of an app:
- Open the App Store or Mac App Store on your device.
- Go to your purchased apps:
- On your iPhone or iPod touch tap the Updates tab, then tap Purchased.
- On your iPad, tap the Purchased tab.
- On your Mac, click the Purchased tab.
- Find the app and download it. If there's a compatible version, a message appears and you can choose Confirm to get the latest version of the app that works for your device. If there isn't a compatible version and you can't download the app, go to the app's product page and contact the developer for help.