Your Apple ID is the account you use to sign in to all Apple services. If you forgot your Apple ID or aren't sure that you have one, there are a few ways to find it.
Try a different email address
In most cases, your Apple ID is your email address. First, try signing in with all prior email addresses that you might have used as an Apple ID.
Use your Apple ID account page
- Go to your Apple ID account page and click Forgot Apple ID or password.
- When you're asked to enter your Apple ID, click Forgot Apple ID.
- Enter your first name, last name, and email address. If you enter the wrong email address, you can try again with a different one.
See if you're already signed in with your Apple ID
You may already be signed in on one of your Apple devices. View the Apple ID that you're using for these services:
From your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
- Tap Settings > App & iTunes Store
- Tap Settings > iCloud
- Tap Settings > Messages > Send & Receive
- Tap Settings > FaceTime
- Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars
From your Mac or PC:
- Select Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud
- Open Mail, then select Mail > Preferences > Accounts
- Open Calendar, then select Calendar > Preferences > Accounts
- Open FaceTime, then select FaceTime > Preferences > Settings
- Open Messages, then select Messages > Preferences > Accounts
If you find your Apple ID, but still don't remember your password, reset your password.
Check iTunes for previous purchases
If you previously bought something in the iTunes Store, you can check which account was used to purchase it.
If the Apple ID has changed since, then the name in File Info won't work.
- Open iTunes.
- Click one of your purchases. You can find your purchases under My Music or Playlists.
- Choose Edit > Get Info.
- Click the File tab.
- The ‘purchased by’ will show your Apple ID in parenthesis that was used to buy the item.
If you find your Apple ID, but still don’t remember your password, reset your password.
If you want to change your Apple ID after you find it, we recommend that you update it in Settings for all of your Apple apps and services.
As a reminder, you only need one Apple ID. Using multiple Apple IDs might be confusing when you access purchased content or use Apple services.
FaceTime is not available in all countries or regions.