Your Apple ID is the account you use to sign in to all Apple services. If you forgot your Apple ID or aren't sure that you have one, there are a few ways to find it.
Try a different email address
In most cases, your Apple ID will be your email address. First, try signing in with all prior email addresses that you might have used as an Apple ID.
Use My Apple ID
- Go to My Apple ID and choose Find your Apple ID.
- Enter your first name, last name, and any email addresses you have. If it shows multiple IDs, choose the one that matches your current email address.
- Continue to follow the prompts to reset your password or try signing in using the email address. Your Apple ID is the email address that appears on the page for resetting your password.
See if you're already signed in with your Apple ID
You may already be signed in on one of your Apple devices. View the Apple ID that you're using for these services:
From your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
- Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store
- Tap Settings > iCloud
- Tap Settings > iMessages > Send & Receive
- Tap Settings > FaceTime
- Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars
From your Mac or PC:
- Select Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud
- Open Mail, then select Mail > Preferences > Accounts
- Open Calendar, then select Calendar > Preferences > Accounts
- Open FaceTime, then select FaceTime > Preferences > Settings
- Open Messages, then select Messages > Preferences > Accounts
If you find your Apple ID, but still don't remember your password, reset your password.
Check iTunes for previous purchases
If you previously bought something in the iTunes Store, you can check which account was used to purchase it.
If the Apple ID has changed since, then the name in File Info won't work.
- Open iTunes.
- Click one of your purchases. You can find your purchases under My Music or Playlists.
- Choose File > Get Info.
- Click the File tab.
- The ‘purchased by’ will show your Apple ID in parenthesis that was used to buy the item.
If you find your Apple ID, but still don’t remember your password, reset your password.
If you want to change your Apple ID after you find it, we recommend that you update it in Settings for all of your Apple apps and services.
As a reminder, you only need one Apple ID. Using multiple Apple IDs might be confusing when you access purchased content or use Apple services.