If you have iTunes installed on your computer, choose your device to update to the latest version of iTunes.
If you have a Mac
- Open the App Store on your Mac.
- At the top of the App Store window, click Updates.
- If any macOS or iTunes updates are available, click Install.
If you have a PC
Depending on the version of iTunes that you have, there are different ways to update.
If you downloaded iTunes from Apple's website
- Open iTunes.
- From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Help > Check for Updates.
- Follow the prompts to install the latest version.
If Check for Updates isn't an option in the Help menu, you downloaded iTunes from the Microsoft Store.
If you downloaded iTunes from the Microsoft Store
Versions of iTunes from the Microsoft Store update automatically when new versions are released.
You can also check for updates through the Microsoft Store.
Learn how to get software updates for your Mac.
If you're not prompted to install a new version of iTunes, you already have the latest version that your operating system can support. Some features or devices might require a newer version of iTunes than your system supports. See the System Requirements on the iTunes download page.
iTunes features might vary by country or region.