On your Mac
If you update your Mac to macOS Catalina or later, you can access your iTunes media library in the Apple Music app, Apple TV app, Apple Books app, and Apple Podcasts app. To manually back up, restore, or sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, use the Finder.
If you can’t update to the latest version of macOS
You can update to the latest version of iTunes (up to iTunes 12.8).
- Open the App Store on your Mac.
- Click Updates at the top of the App Store window.
- If any iTunes updates are available, click Install.
On your PC
If you don't have iTunes installed on your computer, download iTunes from the Microsoft Store (Windows 10 or later). You can also download the latest version of iTunes from Apple's website.
If you downloaded iTunes from the Microsoft Store
Versions of iTunes from the Microsoft Store update automatically when new versions are released.
You can also check for updates through the Microsoft Store.
If you downloaded iTunes from Apple's website
- Open iTunes.
- From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Help > Check for Updates.
- Follow the prompts to install the latest version.
If Check for Updates isn't an option in the Help menu, then you downloaded iTunes from the Microsoft Store.
- Learn how to update your iPhone or iPod touch to the latest version of iOS, and iPad to the latest version of iPadOS.
- Learn how to update your Mac.
iTunes features might vary by country or region.