Before you delete
You must be signed in to iTunes with your Apple ID and have iCloud Music Library turned on before you can delete items from iCloud Music Library. After you delete an item from iCloud Music Library, you can't recover it. Deleting an item from iCloud Music Library also deletes it from any iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that uses iCloud Music Library with the same Apple ID.
If you're not an iTunes Match subscriber or an Apple Music member, you don’t have access to iCloud Music Library, but you can delete content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch or your Mac or PC. You can also hide content. Learn how to hide and unhide purchases in the iTunes Store.
iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- In the Music app, find the name of the song, album, or playlist that you want to remove, and tap the More Options icon .
- From the menu that appears, tap Delete.
- To remove the song, album, or playlists from only the device that you're currently using, select Remove Download or Remove Downloads. The item stays in your library on all of your other devices.
If you want to remove the item from your iCloud Music Library on all of your devices, tap "Delete from My Music."
Mac or PC
- In iTunes, right-click the song, album, or playlist that you want to remove and click Delete.
- Choose Remove Download to remove the item for offline listening. The item will remain in your library on all of your devices.
Choose Delete to delete the item completely, from your library on all of your devices.
A download icon appears next to items that are in iCloud Music Library but aren't on your computer.
- Subscribe to iTunes Match.
- Join Apple Music.
- Get more help with iTunes Match.
- Learn how to manage your associated devices in iTunes.
- Learn how to delete music, movies, podcasts, and other content from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch.