When you hide an app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you hide it from being redownloaded on all devices that are signed in with the same Apple ID. Hiding the app won't delete it from any device that it's already downloaded to. Learn how to delete apps downloaded to an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
When you hide an app on your Mac, you won't get update notifications for it, and you won't see it on the Purchased screen of the App Store on your Mac.
If you use Family Sharing and hide apps, the apps will also be hidden from your family members.
You can hide apps in the App Store on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and iOS apps in iTunes on your Mac or PC.
Hide iOS apps
- Open the App Store app, then tap Today at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap or your photo in the upper-right hand corner, then tap Purchased.
- Find the app that you want to hide, then swipe left on it and tap Hide.
If you're a member of Family Sharing and hide an app that you subscribed to, the Family Organizer will still receive notification of charges each time the subscription renews. Hiding an app doesn't cancel a subscription. Learn how to view, change, or cancel your subscriptions.
Unhide iOS apps
- Open iTunes on your Mac or PC. If you're not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > View My Account.
- Authenticate your Apple ID, then click View Account.
- On the Account Information page, scroll to the iTunes in the Cloud section. To the right of Hidden Purchases, click Manage.
- At the top of the window, click Apps.
- Find the item that you want to unhide, then click Unhide under it.
You can hide and unhide apps for your Mac in the App Store on your Mac.
Hide Mac apps
- On your Mac, open the App Store. If you're not already signed in, choose Store > Sign In from the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, then enter your Apple ID and password.
- From the top of the App Store window, click Purchased.
- Find the app that you want to hide, then right-click or control-click it and choose Hide Purchase.
- In the confirmation message that appears, click Hide Purchase.
After you click Hide Purchase, the app fades from your Purchased list. The app below it, if there is one, replaces it in the list.
Unhide Mac apps
- On your Mac, open the App Store.
- From the menu at the top of your computer screen, choose Store > View My Account. If prompted, authenticate your Apple ID.
- On the Account Information page, scroll to Hidden Items. To the right of Hidden Purchases, click Manage.
- Find the app that you want to unhide.
- Click Unhide, then click Done.
After you click Done, you're taken back to the Purchased page. The unhidden app is again visible in your Purchased list.
- Hiding an app doesn't cancel a subscription. Learn how to view, change, or cancel your subscriptions.
- Hiding an item doesn't hide the record of purchase. You can view your purchase history to see details of your purchases.
- Learn how to hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books.
- You can also delete music, movies, and TV shows; delete apps from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch; and delete books.