Turn cellular data on or off
You can turn cellular data on or off to limit apps and services from using the cellular network to connect to the Internet. When cellular data is on, apps and services use your cellular connection when Wi-Fi isn't available. As a result, you might be charged for using certain features and services with cellular data. Contact your carrier for more information about possible charges.
To turn cellular data on or off, go to Settings, then tap Cellular or Mobile Data. If you're using an iPad, you might see Settings > Cellular Data.
Depending on your carrier and device, you might have additional options listed under Cellular Data Options:
- Enable LTE, 4G, or 3G. You can select what type of network connection to use for voice and data. Learn more about these options.
- Turn Voice Roaming on or off: With CDMA networks, you can turn off Voice Roaming to avoid charges from using other carrier's networks.
- Turn Data Roaming on or off: When you're traveling internationally, you can turn off data roaming to avoid roaming charges. If you have an international data plan, you may need to keep Data Roaming on. Learn more about traveling internationally with your iPhone or iPad.
Depending on your carrier, data roaming might be used if you travel domestically. Contact your carrier for more information about your data roaming policy or other cellular data settings.
View how much data you're using
To see how much cellular data that you've used, go to Settings, then tap Cellular or Mobile Data. If you're using an iPad, you might see Settings > Cellular Data instead.
To see how much cellular data an app is using, scroll down to find the app. If you don't want an app to use cellular data, you can turn it off for that app. When cellular data is off, apps use Wi-Fi for data.
To see the cellular data usage for individual System Services, go to Settings, then tap Cellular or Mobile Data. Then scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap System Services. Cellular data can't be turned on or off for individual System Services.
Depending on your carrier, you may see overall cellular data usage displayed on this screen. If you don’t have this option, or have questions about your data usage, contact your carrier.
- If you still can't connect to a cellular network, learn what to do.
- If you use an Exchange ActiveSync account, it might continue to use cellular data even if you turn it off for Mail and Calendar. To see the cellular data usage of your Exchange ActiveSync account, go to Settings > Cellular > System Services.
- You can use Wi-Fi Assist to automatically switch to cellular when you have a poor Wi-Fi connection.