Apple account passwords
- If you believe that your Apple account (Apple ID) has been compromised, by phishing or otherwise, please sign in to the Apple ID page to change your password immediately.
- If you have forgotten your Apple ID password, visit iforgot.apple.com.
- If you receive what you believe to be a phishing email claiming to be from Apple, please consult Apple's phishing information page and report it to us at email@example.com.
Privacy and security tips
You can learn more about advanced security features in the iOS Security Guide.
Apple security updates
Keeping your software up-to-date is one of the most important things that you can do to maintain the security of your Apple product. Visit Apple Security Updates to learn how to keep your Apple devices updated and for details about the security content in recent Apple software updates.
Lost or stolen products
- Learn what to do if your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen.
- Learn what to do if your Apple Watch is lost or stolen.
- Learn what to do if your Mac is lost or stolen.
If you are having issues using Apple Pay, please visit Apple Pay support.
Apple Pay is not available in all markets. For a list of Apple Pay countries click here.
For more help, you can contact Apple Support. Most Apple products come with 90 days of complimentary phone support and a one-year limited warranty. We recommend that you check your coverage before contacting us.
Contact Apple Developer Connection to request assistance with certificate revocation or issuance.
Security and privacy researchers
To report security or privacy issues that affect Apple products or web servers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can use Apple's Product Security PGP key to encrypt sensitive information that you send by email. When we receive your email, we send an automatic email as acknowledgment. If you do not get this email, please check the email address and send again. We will respond with additional emails if we need further information to investigate a security issue.
For the protection of our customers, Apple generally does not disclose, discuss, or confirm security issues until a full investigation is complete and any necessary patches or releases are available. Apple distributes information about security issues in its products through security advisories. You can also receive Apple security advisories through our security-announce mailing list.
Notifications published by Apple Product Security are signed with the Apple Product Security PGP key. We encourage you to verify the signature to ensure that the document was indeed written by our staff and has not been changed.
Apple credits researchers who have reported security issues on Apple's web servers on the Apple Web Server Notifications page.
Please consult these guidelines for contacting Apple with law enforcement requests:
Learn how Apple handles government information requests.