Try these steps first
To get help pairing a Bluetooth accessory, like a wireless keyboard, to your iOS or iPadOS device:
- Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory and iOS or iPadOS device are close to each other.
- Turn your Bluetooth accessory off and back on again.
- Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory is on and fully charged or connected to power. If your accessory uses batteries, see if they need to be replaced.
- If there's an app that you use with the Bluetooth accessory, go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Bluetooth on your iOS or iPadOS device, and make sure that you've turned on Bluetooth for the app.
If you still can't pair or connect your Bluetooth accessory
- If you previously connected your Bluetooth accessory to your iOS or iPadOS device, unpair the accessory, put it back in discovery mode, then try to pair and connect it again.
- If you can pair your accessory with some devices but not your iOS or iPadOS device, unpair the accessory from your other devices. Then try to pair with your iOS or iPadOS device again.
- To find out whether your accessory is compatible with your iOS or iPad OS device, contact the manufacturer of the accessory.
- If you still have any of these issues, contact Apple Support:
- You can’t turn on Bluetooth or the setting is grayed out.
- You can’t connect any Bluetooth accessories with your device.
- The accessory manufacturer confirmed that your accessory is working correctly.
- If you need help pairing a Bluetooth accessory to your Apple TV, learn what to do.
- Get help connecting your iOS device and your car stereo.
- Learn how to set up your AirPods.