- Press and hold your device's Top or Side button.
- Immediately click the Home button, then release the Top or Side button.
- In iOS 11, a thumbnail of your screenshot appears in the lower-left corner of your device. Tap the thumbnail to add drawings and text with Markup, or press and hold the thumbnail to share the screenshot. Swipe left on the thumbnail to dismiss it.
To find the screenshot you just took, along with ones you've taken before, go to the Photos app > Albums and tap Screenshots.
Add drawings, text, shapes, and more with Markup
After you take a screenshot, use Markup to circle a map location, magnify part of a Web page, highlight a sentence in an email, and more.
Tap the thumbnail that appears in the lower-left corner. The screenshot opens in Markup view, where you can use the tools described below.
Draw on your screenshot
Choose the Pen, Highlighter, Pencil, or Eraser. Tap the circle to choose a color, and start drawing. Want to start over? You can undo or redo any markup action using and .
Move your drawings
After you draw something, you can move it around. Tap the Lasso tool, trace a circle around the drawing that you want to move, and then drag it where you want it to go.
Use the text, signature, magnifier, and shape tools
Tap to choose from other Markup tools:
- Text lets you type words on your screenshot. Tap the circle to choose a different text color, and tap to adjust the text's font, size, and alignment.
- Signature allows you to quickly add your signature that you've saved.
- Magnifier places a loupe on your screenshot to magnify the portion it covers. Drag the loupe around, use the blue dot to adjust the loupe's size, and use the green dot to increase or decrease the magnification level.
- Tap a shape—rectangle, circle, speech bubble, or arrow—to place it on your screenshot. Then drag the shape to where you want it and use the blue dots to adjust its size and shape. Use the green dots to adjust the arrow's curve and the speech bubble's appearance.
To crop your screenshot, drag the blue guides at its edges and corners to focus on the portion of the image that you want to keep.
When you're finished, tap to share your screenshot, or tap Done. Then choose Save to Photos or Delete Screenshot.
Use Screen Recording to capture a video of your iOS device's screen.