- Update all StorNext FS controllers from version 4.2.0 to 4.2.1 or later.
- Perform an orderly restart of all StorNext filesystems:
- Unmount any StorNext volumes from all clients on the SAN.
- Stop the StorNext volumes.
- Start the StorNext volumes.
- Mount those volumes on Xsan client systems once again.
- Verify that the issue no longer occurs when renaming files.
A file may be unexpectedly deleted when renamed to a new name which differs only in the capitalization of the letters; for example, when changing "test" to "TEST".
This issue does not affect earlier Xsan client systems or SNFS software versions other than 4.2.0.