Installation of Battery Update 1.3 requires Mac OS X v10.4.10.
The Battery Update 1.3 supports the following products:
- MacBook Pro (15-inch)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch Glossy)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch Core 2 Duo)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.4/2.2GHz)
Note: After Battery Update has been installed, each battery you insert into your MacBook Pro will be updated automatically.
When will the battery be updated?
The BatteryUpdater will check to see if a battery needs to be updated on startup, wake from sleep, and when a battery is inserted. If in these cases there is no AC power supplied, it will then wait until AC power is present and then check to see if the battery needs to be updated. If the battery needs to be updated it will update it automatically. Wait at least 30 seconds after inserting the battery, or wait 30 seconds after you've logged in with a user account, before checking to see if the battery was updated.
How to tell the Battery Update 1.3 has been installed
- In the Finder, navigate to the SystemConfiguration folder:
- From the Go menu, choose Go to Folder.
- Type /System/Library/SystemConfiguration, then click Go.
- Select the file named BatteryUpdater.bundle.
- From the File menu, choose Get Info and check the Version.
If the version is BatteryUpdater 1.3, then the system and battery have been updated.
If no BatteryUpdater.bundle file appears in the SystemConfiguration folder, then please install the updater available here.