If you previously purchased the iPod touch January Software Upgrade, use these steps to verify it is installed.
Verifying that iPod touch January Software Upgrade is installed
- Connect iPod touch to the computer and open iTunes.
- Click iPod touch on the left side of the iTunes window under Devices.
- Click the Summary tab and check the Software Version:
iPod touch January Software Upgrade installed
iPod touch January Software Upgrade not installedNote: iPod touch models that ship with 1.1.3 or later will display "1.1.x (with January Software Upgrade)" as the version.
Reinstalling the iPod touch January Software Upgrade after restoring the iPod touch
If you do not see "with January Software Upgrade", try the following:
- Confirm the following:
- The computer is running the latest version of iTunes
- The computer is logged in with the same user account that was used when iPod touch January Software Upgrade was purchased and that account is authorized on this computer (choose Store > Authorize Computer).
- The computer is connected to the Internet.
- iTunes is open and when you choose Store > View My Account, the iTunes Store account used to purchase the iPod touch January Software Upgrade is displayed.
- Choose Store > View My Account and confirm you can see iPod touch January Software Upgrade in your iTunes Store Purchase History. Note that if you have more than one iTunes Store account, you must be signed in with the one that you used to purchase iPod touch January Software Upgrade.
- Click iPod touch and then click Sync when iPod touch is connected.
If you receive an error message that the iPod touch update could not be installed on this iPod, because you are not authorized to use it on this computer, then please follow the steps in this article.
If you are still unable to access or install the iPod touch January Software Upgrade and other troubleshooting does not resolve, it may be because iPod touch is in manual mode and was initially synced with another iTunes Library, try the following steps (Warning: These steps will remove content added to your iPod touch from another computer or purchased from the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store. Make sure that content is backed up elsewhere before proceeding).
- Deselect Manually manage music and video in the Summary tab in iTunes on the computer being used to install iPod touch January Software Upgrade. If you synced Photos from another iTunes Library, you may also need to sync photos from the current iTunes Library.
- Click Sync. If there is not enough room to sync your entire iTunes Library, adjust the sync settings in the Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcast, and Photo tabs, as needed, then try again.
- Confirm the iPod touch January Software Upgrade is installed.
- Select Manually manage music and video in the Summary tab again.
If the issue continues, try restoring iPod touch on the computer you used to purchase iPod touch January Software Upgrade.
If you still do not see the iPod touch January Software Upgrade installed (i.e. no Mail, Notes, Weather, Stocks, and Maps) on iPod touch, refer to the iPod touch troubleshooting page.
The iPod touch January Software Upgrade is not included when using the iTunes backup to optical disc feature. If you would like to backup the January Software Upgrade should locate and backup the "iPod touch App Pack 4A93.ipa" file from the following locations:
Mac OS X:
C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\Mobile Applications\
C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\\Apple Computer\iTunes\Mobile Applications\
Note: These locations are hidden by default in Windows. You can these locations by choosing "Show hidden files and folder" in the View tab of the Folder Options Control Panel.