- Make sure that you have the latest software on your connected iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
- Put both AirPods Pro in your ears and check that Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) is turned on.
- Clean the mesh located on the top of your AirPods Pro. Sometimes Active Noise Cancellation can be affected if debris or earwax builds up in the area shown below.
If this happens, you might experience:
- A loss of bass sound
- An increase in background sounds, such as street or airplane noise
- If Active Noise Cancellation still isn't working as expected, contact Apple Support.
If Active Noise Cancellation isn't working as expected on your AirPods Pro
Follow these steps.