We’re sorry your AirPod isn't working as it should.
After you’ve contacted Apple for a replacement, you’ll receive a kit that contains a replacement AirPod with everything you need to return your defective product to Apple.
Important: Be sure to return your defective AirPod (does not apply if your lost AirPod is being replaced) so that Apple receives it within ten days of the day the replacement shipped (check your ship date). If Apple doesn't receive your product within ten days, or if Apple technicians find that your product has accidental damage or unauthorized modifications, you'll be charged up to the full value of the replacement product. For more details, see terms and conditions.
Pack your AirPod using the included packaging materials
- Remove your replacement AirPod from the packaging materials. Leave the insert to the white box open.
- Place the defective AirPod into the insert in the white box by sliding the stem of the AirPod into the paper tube. Make sure the top of the AirPod sits in the hole in the insert.
- Fold up the flap at the top of the AirPod.
- Fold the insert in half to close it and fold the flap sticking out of the insert up.
- Place the insert into the white box. The AirPod should face up. Close the white box by placing the lid on it.
- Place the white box inside the white cushioned envelope. Do not include any other items, such as your other AirPod, charging case, or cable.
- Seal the envelope using the tape strip at the top of the envelope.
- Make sure the red, black, and white battery sticker is clearly visible on the outside of the envelope.
Ship your AirPod to Apple
- If the return shipping label is included, place it on the box.
- Find the name of the courier on the label (or elsewhere in the packing materials) and visit its website to arrange a collection or find a drop-off location.
- Ask the courier for proof of collection.
- In a few days, check that Apple has received your defective AirPod.
*Apple is not responsible for any damage during shipping if the package is not properly sealed or is delivered to the courier in poor condition.
Use your replacement AirPod
- When you replace only an AirPod, your serial number does not change. Your replacement product is covered by a 90-day service warranty or the remainder of your product warranty, whichever is longer.
- Place your Apple AirPods in the charging case and press the setup button until the status light is flashing white.
- Set up your AirPods.
© 2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. AppleCare and iCloud are service marks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.