How to find your files in the Files app
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Files app. Don't see the blue Files app icon on your Home Screen? Just swipe down, then search for the Files app.
- In the Files app, search or browse for the file that you want.
Use the Files app to manage your files
On your iPhone or iPad, you can store and edit your files in the Files app.
What types of files are stored in the Files app
- In the On My [Device] folder, you can find files stored locally on the device that you're using.
- In the iCloud Drive folder, you can find files and folders that sync to iCloud Drive, including Pages, Numbers, Keynote documents, and more.
- You can also find files in other cloud services and apps that you connect, like Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Drive, and more.
The Files app doesn't contain your photo library. But you can save photos to the Files app.
Password-protected zip folders or directories are not supported in the Files app.
How to edit files in the Files app
To edit a file, just tap to open it. Depending on the file type, you can:
- Use Markup to draw, add text, add a signature, and more
- Edit the file in Pages, Keynote, Numbers, and other apps
You can also delete files from the Files app. Changes to files stored in iCloud Drive or other cloud services automatically update on all of your devices.