Apple Watch User Guide
- What’s new
- Apps on Apple Watch
- Open apps
- Organize apps
- Get more apps
- Tell time
- Status icons
- Control Center
- Use Focus
- Adjust brightness, text size, sounds, and haptics
- See and respond to notifications
- Change notification settings
- Manage your Apple ID
- Use shortcuts
- Set up Handwashing
- Connect Apple Watch to a Wi-Fi network
- Connect to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- Hand off tasks from Apple Watch
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Unlock your iPhone with Apple Watch
- Use Apple Watch without its paired iPhone
- Use your Apple Watch with a cellular network
- Blood Oxygen
- Camera Remote
- Now Playing
- Voice Memos
- About Wallet
- Apple Pay
- Set up Apple Pay
- Make purchases
- Send, receive, and request money with Apple Watch (U.S. only)
- Manage Apple Cash (U.S. only)
- Use Wallet for passes
- Use rewards cards
- Pay with Apple Watch on Mac
- Ride transit
- Use your driver’s license or state ID
- Use digital keys
- Use COVID-19 vaccination cards
- World Clock
- Set up Apple Watch using VoiceOver
- Apple Watch basics with VoiceOver
- Apple Watch Mirroring
- Control nearby devices
- Use a braille display
- Use a Bluetooth keyboard
- Tell time with haptic feedback
- Adjust text size and other visual settings
- Adjust motor skills settings
- Set up and use RTT
- Accessibility audio settings
- Use accessibility features with Siri
- The Accessibility Shortcut
Use rewards cards on Apple Watch
If you have a rewards card from a supporting merchant, you can add it to Wallet, then present it to a contactless reader as part of your transaction using your Apple Watch.
Add a rewards card to Apple Watch
You can add a rewards card from an email or website link, a message, or from a notification sent to your iPhone.
Email or website link: Look for an “Add to Apple Wallet” link. Tap the link to add the rewards card to Wallet.
Notification: After paying with Apple Pay and providing your rewards card information, you may get a notification on your iPhone that lets you add that card as a rewards card. Tap the notification, then tap Add.
Message: Tap a card sent to you in Messages.
Use a rewards card on Apple Watch
When you’re prompted to provide your rewards information (and you see the Apple Pay logo), follow these steps:
Double-click the side button.
Hold your Apple Watch within a few centimeters of the contactless reader, with the display facing the reader.
By default, Apple Watch displays the rewards card so you don’t need to scroll to it.