Need a different country or region?
After you’ve contacted Apple for a replacement, you’ll receive a kit that contains a replacement product with everything you need to return your original product to Apple.
Important: Be sure to return your product so that Apple receives it within 10 days of the day your replacement product was shipped to you by Apple (check your ship date). If Apple doesn't receive your original product within 10 days, or if Apple technicians find that your issue was caused by accidental damage or unauthorized modifications, you'll be charged up to the full value of the replacement product. For more details, see ERS terms and conditions for service covered by Apple's Limited Warranty or an AppleCare plan or ERS terms and conditions for out-of-warranty service.
Before you ship your HomePod mini
- Remove your HomePod from the Home app.
- Remove your replacement HomePod mini and the spindle from the box.
Pack your HomePod mini
- Put the end of the cable into the hole in the spindle.
- Wrap the cable around the spindle.
- Pass the cable through a side notch and set the HomePod mini on top of the spindle. Put the spindle and HomePod mini in the white box base. Put the top on the white box.
- Put the white box in the shipping box.
- Close the lid of the shipping box.
- Tape the shipping box shut with the tape provided.*
- Remove the top label from the shipping box. This is your receipt. Make sure the return shipping label remains on the box.
*Apple is not responsible for any damage during shipping.
Ship your HomePod mini to Apple
- Find the name of the courier on the return shipping label.
- Visit the courier’s website to schedule a pickup or find a drop-off location.
- Get a receipt from the courier.
- In a few days, check that Apple has received your HomePod.
Use your replacement HomePod mini
- Your replacement Apple product is covered by a 90-day service warranty, or the remainder of your original product warranty or AppleCare plan, whichever is longer. Consumer law will also apply to your replacement product where available.
- Set up and use your new HomePod.
© 2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and HomePod are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions. AppleCare is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions.
Notice to California Consumers
1. An estimate as required (section 9844 of the California Business and Professions Code) for repairs shall be given to the customer by the service dealer in writing, and the service dealer may not charge for work done or parts supplied in excess of the estimate without prior consent of the customer. Where provided in writing, the service dealer may charge a reasonable fee for services provided in determining the nature of the malfunction in preparation of a written estimate for repair. For information, contact the Bureau of Electronic and Appliance Repair, Department of Consumer Affairs, Sacramento, CA 95814.
2. A buyer of this product in California has the right to have this product serviced or repaired during the warranty period. The warranty period will be extended for the number of whole days that the product has been out of the buyer’s hands for warranty repairs. If a defect exists within the warranty period, the warranty will not expire until the defect has been repaired.
The warranty period will also be extended if the warranty repairs have not been performed due to delays caused by circumstances beyond the control of the buyer, or if the warranty repairs did not remedy the defect and the buyer notifies the manufacturer or seller of the failure of the repairs within 60 days after they were completed.
If, after a reasonable number of attempts, the defect has not been repaired, the buyer may return this product for a replacement or a refund subject, in either case, to deduction of a reasonable charge for usage. This time extension does not affect the protections or remedies the buyer has under other law.