See keyboard shortcuts
To see a list of shortcuts that you can use with an app, press and hold the Command ⌘ key when you use the app or on the Home screen.
Use common keyboard shortcuts
Most iPad keyboard shortcuts use the Command ⌘ key, like on a Mac. If you're more familiar with a PC keyboard, the Command ⌘ key does the same thing as the Control key on a PC.
Here are some common keyboard shortcuts:
- Command-H: Go to the Home screen.
- Command-Space bar: Show or hide the Search field.
- Command-Tab: Switch to the next most recently used app among your open apps.
- Command-Shift-3: Take a screenshot.
- Command-Shift-4: Take a screenshot and immediately open Markup to view or edit it.
- Command-Option-D: Show or hide the Dock.
Want to add an emoji? To quickly find the emoji keyboard, press the globe key when you're in a text field. Don't see the emoji keyboard? Make sure that it's turned on.
Customize keyboard shortcuts
- Open Settings, then tap Accessibility.
- Tap Keyboards.
- Tap Full Keyboard Access and turn it on.
- Tap Commands.
- Tap a command, then press a custom key combination to assign to it.
- Tap Done.