How to get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app
- Go to your device's app store and search for the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app. If you don't see the app that you're looking for, check your device's compatibility.1
- Download the app.
- Open the app and follow the instructions to complete setup.
If you're not signed in with your Apple ID, open the app and go to Settings > Accounts. Then choose a sign in option.
- Sign In On Mobile Device: Use your phone's camera to scan the QR code on the TV screen. Then follow the instructions on your mobile device.
- On This TV: Use your TV remote to manually sign in with your Apple ID and complete setup.
If you can't watch content, you might need to get your Apple ID ready for purchases.
Use the Apple TV app
Reset the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app
Resetting the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app removes your personal information and restores the app to its original settings. If you plan to sell or give away your device, or uninstall the app, you might want to reset it first.
- Open the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app.
- Go to Settings.
- Choose the Reset option.
If you lost or can't access your device but are still signed in to the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app, remove the device from your Apple ID device list.
If you reset the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on a smart TV that's also signed in to the Apple Music app, the Apple Music app restores to its original settings.
- Availability of the Apple TV app and Apple TV+ app might vary by country and region. Learn what’s available in your country or region. The Apple TV app and Apple TV+ app features and supported devices also might vary by country and region.
- On Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, and Sony TV devices, you can't purchase content from the Apple TV app. You can buy, rent, or subscribe on another supported device and then watch in the Apple TV app on your Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, or Sony TV device.