Swipe to search
- Swipe down from the middle of the Home screen.
- Tap the Search field, then enter what you're looking for. As you type, Search updates results in real time.
- To see more results, tap Show More or search directly in an app by tapping Search in App.
- Tap a search result to open it.
In iOS 16 and later, you can also tap the Search field at the bottom of your Home Screen to start a search.
Change search settings
You can change the search settings to limit which apps and results appear while you're searching. Here's how:
- Go to Settings and tap Siri & Search.
- Scroll down and select an app.
- Then select Show App in Search, Show Content in Search, Show on Home Screen, Suggest App, or Suggest Notifications.
To turn off Siri Suggestions for all apps, go to Settings > Siri & Search, and turn off the settings you want.