Add a payment method
To make purchases from the App Store and use subscriptions like iCloud+ and Apple Music, you need at least one payment method on file.
Add a payment method on your iPhone or iPad
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your name.
- Tap Media & Purchases, then tap View Account. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Tap Manage Payments.
- Tap Add Payment Method.
6. Enter the payment method details, then tap Done.
Add a payment method on your Mac
- Open the App Store.
- Click your name. If your name doesn't appear, click the Sign In button, sign in with your Apple ID, then click your name.
- Click Account Settings.
- Next to Payment Information, click Manage Payments. (If you're using an older version of macOS, click Edit next to Payment Type.)
- Click Add Payment.
- Enter the payment method details, then click Done.
Add a payment method on your Windows PC or Microsoft Surface
- Open iTunes.
- In the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, tap or click Account, then tap or click View My Account.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Tap or click the Manage Payments button next to Payment Information. (If you're using an older version of iTunes, tap or click the Edit button next to Payment Type.)
- Tap or click Add Payment.
Add a payment method online
You can also add a payment method after signing in to appleid.apple.com.
In some countries and regions, when you edit payment information online at appleid.apple.com, additional payment methods might be removed from your account automatically.
Apple will attempt to charge payment methods in order from top to bottom. You can't change the order in which Apple Account balance is charged.
- If you can't add a payment method, make sure that the payment method is accepted in your country or region.
- Learn how to change your payment method.