About Music Memos
The Music Memos app won't be updated after Music Memos version 1.0.7, and you won't be able to download it after March 1, 2021. If you have an iPhone with iOS 14 or later or an iPad with iPadOS 14 or later, you can continue to use Music Memos. And if you’ve previously downloaded the app, you can still access it from your App Store purchase history. But you should export your Music Memos recordings to your Voice Memos library to make sure you keep all your recordings.
Export Music Memos recordings to Voice Memos
In Music Memos version 1.0.7, you can export your Music Memos recordings to your Voice Memos library. You need:
- An iPhone with iOS 14 or later, or an iPad with iPadOS 14 or later
- Voice Memos and Music Memos version 1.0.7
Open Music Memos. When “Recording is moving to Voice Memos” appears, tap Export. It can take several minutes to export your recordings to Voice Memos depending on the size of your library.
If you don't want to export at this time, tap OK to dismiss the “Recording is moving to Voice Memos” window for seven days.
Once you've exported all your Music Memos recordings to Voice Memos, your recordings appear in Voice Memos in a folder titled “Music Memos.” If you encountered an error while exporting, you might need to free up space on your device or wait until your Music Memos recordings have finished updating from iCloud.
If you create new recordings with Music Memos, you'll need to copy them to Voice Memos to make sure you keep them.
Record with Voice Memos
- Make a recording with Voice Memos on your iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple Watch.
- Editing tools let you trim, replace, and resume your recordings.
- Organize your recordings using folders and Favorites so you can quickly find them later.
- Keep your recordings up to date across all your devices with iCloud.