- Make sure you have the latest software on your connected iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac.
- Put both AirPods Pro in your ears and check that Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) is turned on.
- Clean the mesh located on the top of your AirPods Pro. Sometimes, Active Noise Cancellation can be affected if debris or earwax builds up in the area shown below.
If this happens, you may experience:
- A loss of bass sound
- An increase in background sound, such as street or aeroplane noise
- If Active Noise Cancellation still isn't working as expected on your AirPods Pro (1st generation), refer to AirPods Pro Service Programme for Sound Issues.
If Active Noise Cancellation isn't working as expected on your AirPods Pro
Follow these steps.