Sign in to an existing Apple TV with your pay TV or cable provider
- Make sure that you have an Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD, and the latest version of tvOS.
- On your Apple TV, go to Settings.
- Choose Users and Accounts, then choose TV Provider.
- Select Sign In.
- Enter the name of your TV provider, or select it from the list. You can also scroll down to choose a TV provider from a different country or region.
- Enter the email and password that you use for your TV provider account,* then select Continue to sign in.
Signing in with your TV provider allows you to access apps using your provider, so you don’t have to sign in to every channel’s app.
If your Apple TV is connected to your TV providers' internet service, they might automatically sign you in to access their content.
Your provider might also offer an app in the App Store with extra features like on-demand and live television. You might be prompted to install the app when you sign in, or you might need to download it separately. The app might also be available for your iPhone or iPad.
*If you don't know your account email or password, contact your TV provider.
Set up an Apple TV from your pay TV or cable provider
If you receive an Apple TV from your pay TV or cable provider, then your Apple TV might automatically sign in to your provider right out of the box. Here's what you need to do to get started:
- Set up your Apple TV at home.
- During setup, you might need to connect your Apple TV to your cable provider's internet service to automatically sign in. Check with your provider for more information. If you're not automatically signed in, then you'll be prompted to select your provider and sign in with your account. This lets you access your subscription content on Apple TV.
- Sign in to your Apple TV with your Apple ID. Find out how to create a new Apple ID, or learn what to do if you see "No iTunes Store account" on your Apple TV.
After you set up your Apple TV, you can find your provider's app on the home screen. You might need to download the app from the App Store. You can also watch content from your provider in the Apple TV app.
Store availability and features might vary by country or region. See what you can buy in your country or region.
Enjoy your Apple TV
There's even more to do with your Apple TV.
Watch your favorite shows and movies, browse your provider's content, tune in to a live game, and discover something new — all in one place.
Siri takes the work out of watching TV, finding apps, and more. Just ask for movies, TV shows, or apps, and Siri finds them for you.
Use the App Store to find apps that turn your living room into a fitness studio, let you shop from your couch, and get games that you’ll love.
Use AirPlay to stream videos, photos, presentations, or the entire screen of your iOS device or Mac to your Apple TV.
- If you need help signing in with your pay TV or cable provider or using their app, contact your provider. You might be able to find their contact information in the App Store.
- To get help with your Apple TV, visit Apple Support.
- If your cable provider also offers internet service, you might need to connect to your home internet network to access some of your subscription content. Your content might not be available on other networks.