Use the Comic effect in Final Cut Pro
In Final Cut Pro, you can choose between six different Comic effect presets to apply to a clip in the timeline:
- To open the Effects Browser, choose Window > Show in Workspace > Effects (or press Command – 5).
- In the Video category of the Effects Browser, click Comic Looks.
- To preview a Comic effect on the clip in your timeline, skim a Comic effect thumbnail in the Effects browser.
- Drag the effect to the clip in the timeline.
You can adjust the Comic effect after you’ve added it to a clip in the timeline:
- Select the clip in the timeline with the Comic effect.
- Choose Window > Show in Workspace > Inspector (or press Command – 4), then click the to show the Video inspector.
- Select the effect in the inspector, then adjust its settings. You can adjust settings like making the effect black and white or colour, line width (Ink Edges) and overall mix of the effect and the clip.
Use the Comic filter in Motion
You can add the Comic filter, then adjust it in the inspector or the heads-up display (HUD).
- Choose Window > Library (or press Command – 2).
- In the Library, click Filters, then click Stylise.
- Drag the Comic filter from the Library stack to a layer or group in the Layers list, Timeline or canvas.
- With the Comic filter selected, click Inspector to edit the Comic filter's parameters. Or, click to edit the parameters the HUD.