Explore the Music app
To navigate the Music app:
- On your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device, use the tabs at the bottom of the screen.
- On your Mac, use the sidebar.
- On your Apple TV, use the tabs at the top of the screen.
Find all of the music that you've added from Apple Music and music on your other devices. See music that you purchased from the iTunes Store, and songs that you imported from CDs and other services. You can also find music that's downloaded to your device so you can listen to it offline.
If you subscribe to Apple Music, you'll see what's new in music and what songs and videos are topping the charts. You can also watch music videos and find music video playlists. And you can add and download any of this content to your Library.
If you don't subscribe to Apple Music, use the iTunes Store app to buy and download music instead.
Listen to Beats 1 to hear a live global broadcast hosted by the biggest names in music. Or tune in to local radio stations from all over the world. Learn more about Radio in Apple Music.
Use Search to find songs, albums, artists, playlists, lyrics, and more. Quickly switch between searching your own library and the Apple Music catalog. You’ll see recent searches too, along with what’s trending.
Control music in Now Playing
From the Now Playing screen, you can control the volume and playback of music that you're listening to. Now Playing is where you can also turn on shuffle or repeat, see lyrics for a song, and find and manage your Up Next queue.
To open Now Playing:
- On your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device, play a song, then tap the song at the bottom of your screen to open Now Playing and control playback.
- On your Apple TV, Now Playing is at the top of the screen.
- On your Mac, use the controls in the navigation bar at the top of the window.
More ways to control your music
- Ask Siri to play and control music.
- Control audio that you're listening to from the Lock screen and Control Center on your iOS device.
- With AirPlay 2, you can play music across multiple speakers throughout your home, or play something different in every room.
- Control your music library or listen to Apple Music on your Apple Watch.
- Play music, podcasts, and audiobooks in your car with your iPhone.
Change your settings
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Music. From here, you can adjust these settings:
- Sync Library: If you subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match, turn on Sync Library to access your music library across all of your devices.
- Cellular Data: Turn on or off the Music app's ability to stream music while your iPhone or iPad is connected to the Internet via a cellular connection and using cellular data.
- Downloaded Music: Control what's downloaded to your device.
You can also create an Apple Music profile so that friends can follow what you're listening to. Just go to For You and tap or click . Already have an Apple Music profile? Tap or click your name, then choose Edit or View Account to manage your account.
- You can create playlists of songs. If you’re an Apple Music subscriber, you can also share your playlists with friends on Apple Music.
- You can manage your Apple Music subscription on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV or Android device; Or in iTunes for Windows on your PC.
Apple Music features might vary by country or region. Learn more about what's available in your country or region.
You may use Apple Music only for personal, noncommercial purposes. Read the full terms and conditions.