These features are currently available in Australia, Canada, United Kingdom,
and United States in English only.
Game of Thrones is available on iTunes. ® and © 2019 Home Box Office, Inc. All rights reserved.
Here's what you need
- Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the latest version of iOS.
- Make sure that you have an Apple TV with the latest version of tvOS.
- Connect your iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV.
- Add your Apple TV to the Home app and make sure that it's assigned to a room.
To allow others in your home to use Siri on their iOS device to AirPlay video, invite them to control your home in the Home app.
Ask Siri to play what you want to watch
Ask Siri on your iOS device to play a movie in the living room or the latest episode of your favorite TV show in the bedroom.
Just say "Hey Siri," or press the button for Siri. Then you can say things like:
- "Play Free Solo on the living room Apple TV."
- "Watch the latest episode of Game of Thrones on the bedroom Apple TV."
Some apps and video services require a subscription to play their content.
Continue watching on your TV
Ask Siri to send a movie or TV show that’s playing on your iOS device to your Apple TV.
On your iOS device, say "Hey Siri," or press the button for Siri. Then say something like:
- "Play this on the living room Apple TV."
- "Play this on the bedroom Apple TV."
If you're streaming from an app that's downloaded on Apple TV, then the video will play in that same app on your Apple TV. If the app isn't downloaded on your Apple TV, then your iOS device will AirPlay the video to your Apple TV.
Control what's playing
Ask Siri to play, pause, rewind, and control what's playing.
On your iOS device, say "Hey Siri," or press the button for Siri. Then you can say things like:
- "Pause the bedroom Apple TV."
- "Play the bedroom Apple TV."
- "Skip 30 seconds on the living room Apple TV."
- "Turn on subtitles on the bedroom Apple TV."
Do more with Siri
Siri availability, features, and commands varies by language, and country and region. Learn which Siri features are supported in which countries and regions.