We’re sorry your iPhone isn’t working as it should.
After you’ve contacted Apple for a replacement, you’ll receive a kit that contains a replacement iPhone with everything you need to return your defective iPhone to Apple.
Important: Be sure to return your defective iPhone so that Apple receives it within ten days of the day the replacement iPhone shipped (check your ship date). If Apple doesn't receive your iPhone within ten days, or if Apple technicians find that the iPhone has accidental damage or unauthorized modifications, you'll be charged up to the full value of the replacement iPhone. For more details, see terms and conditions.
Before you ship your iPhone
Follow these steps before you return your defective iPhone. If it won't turn on or respond, finish as many steps as possible:
- Back up your iPhone. To protect your data, follow the steps in the “Before you send” section of this article.
- Remove your device from Find my iPhone.
- If possible, charge your iPhone fully and turn it off.
- Remove the SIM card from your iPhone if it uses one and keep it in a safe place. If your iPhone doesn't use a SIM card, contact your wireless service provider to suspend service.
Pack your iPhone using the included packaging materials
- Place your iPhone in the protective bag. Do not include your stereo headset, USB cable, power adapter, or other accessories.
- Remove the shipping label from the box if you haven’t already done so. Place the protective packaging in the shipping box.
- Seal the box with the tape provided, making sure the red, black, and white battery sticker is clearly visible on the outside of the box.
Ship your iPhone to Apple
- Find the name of the courier on the shipping label (or elsewhere in the packing materials) and visit its website to arrange a collection or find a drop-off location.
- Ask the courier for proof of collection.
- Track your repair.
- In a few days, check that Apple has received your defective iPhone.
*Apple is not responsible for any damage during shipping if the package is not properly sealed or is delivered to the courier in poor condition.
Use your replacement iPhone
- Record the serial number of your replacement iPhone. Your replacement iPhone is covered by a 90-day service warranty or the remainder of your iPhone’s warranty or AppleCare agreement, whichever is longer.
- If your iPhone uses a SIM card, insert the SIM card into your iPhone.
- Restore your iPhone from an iCloud or iTunes backup.
© 2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. AppleCare and iCloud are service marks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.