When you try to reinstall iTunes, iCloud for Windows, or related Apple software on your PC, you might see a Windows Installer package error message. If you previously installed, then uninstalled, iTunes, iCloud for Windows, or related Apple software from your computer, certain parts of the programs might not have uninstalled correctly.
You might also see this error message when you first try to uninstall the software.
To fix the issue, repair the software, then uninstall it. You can then reinstall it.
Repair the software
- Open "Uninstall a Program" from the Windows Control Panel (Windows 10 steps).
- Select the program that you're trying to remove, then select Repair. Follow the prompts to complete the repair process.
- Try to uninstall the program.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 for each program that you want to reinstall or uninstall.
- After you uninstall all Apple Software, you can reinstall iTunes or iCloud for Windows.
Get more help
If you still see the error message, try using the Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall Utility.
- Make sure you have the latest Windows updates installed.
- Visit the Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall Utility website.
- Click Download, then click Open. If the utility doesn't open automatically, or you click Save instead of Open, you can open it from your downloads folder. The utility's name will start with MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.
- On the first screen of the utility, click Next.
- When asked if you're having problems installing or uninstalling a program, select Uninstalling.
- Select the program that you want to uninstall, then click Next.
- When asked if you want to "Uninstall and cleanup?", select "Yes, try uninstall."
The utility tries to uninstall the program. Depending on the size of the software package the utility is trying to uninstall and the speed of your computer, the uninstall process might take five minutes or more. If the utility is successful, you'll see a "Troubleshooting is complete" message.
- Close the utility.
- Repeat steps 2 through 8 for each program that you can't uninstall.
- After you uninstall all Apple Software, reinstall iTunes or iCloud for Windows.
If you still can't fix the issue, contact Apple Support.