Rename a Bluetooth accessory on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory is powered on and wirelessly connected.
- Open the Settings app, then tap Bluetooth.
- Tap next to the Bluetooth accessory that you want to rename, then tap Name.
Some Bluetooth accessories can't be renamed.
- Enter a new name, tap Done on the keyboard, then tap .
The custom name that you give your accessory now appears in the Bluetooth settings on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Learn how to rename your AirPods.
Rename a Bluetooth accessory on your Mac
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple () menu, then click Bluetooth.
- Control-click the accessory, then click Rename in the shortcut menu. If you don't see Rename, make sure that your Bluetooth accessory is powered on, click Connect, then try again.
- Enter a new name for the accessory, then click the Rename button.
The custom name that you give your accessory now appears in the Bluetooth menu of your Mac and in the Bluetooth section of System Preferences.*
* If you pair your Bluetooth accessory with a different Mac, your accessory might reset to its default name.