On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
To find software version installed on your device, go to Settings > General, then tap About.
On your iPod, iPod classic, iPod nano, or iPod mini
- Press the Menu button multiple times until the main menu appears.
- Scroll to and select Settings > About.
- The software version of your device should appear on this screen. On iPod nano (3rd or 4th generation) and iPod classic, press the Center button twice on the About screen to see the software version.
On an iPod shuffle
With your computer
You can also use your computer to find the software version of your device. Follow these steps:
- On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Locate your device on your computer. If your computer doesn't recognize your device, learn what to do.
- Look under the General tab or the Summary tab to see the software version.