Listen to music
With an Apple Music subscription, all of Apple Music is available to you. You can access the entire catalog, all Apple Music playlists (including ones that you create), all Radio stations, Beats 1 episodes, and your Personal Mixes.
And with Siri, you can search by artist or album and control what's playing, and get information about the music that's playing.
Without an Apple Music subscription, Siri can play music from your music library, including iTunes purchases and iTunes Match songs.
Find and play songs and albums
You can ask Siri to play all songs from an artist, even if the songs aren't in your library, or play music from your Library. You can also ask Siri to play personalized music based on a mood, activity, or your listening habits.
- "Play '24K Magic' shuffled."
- "Play the latest David Guetta album."
- "Play my music."
- "Play the song that goes 'Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want.'"
- "Play some dinner music."
Find and play music by charts
Siri can help you find new music, play top hits, or play historical hits. Just say "Hey Siri," then say things like:
- "Play the top 10 songs in the world."
- "Play the number one song from April 1, 1976."1
- "Play some hits from the 90s."
- "Play the hottest Twenty One Pilots song."
Add music to your Library or playlists
If you want to add songs or albums to your Library or songs to a custom playlist, just ask Siri:
- "Add this song to my Library."
- "Add this album to my Library."
- "Add this song to my playlist called 'My Incredible Playlist.'"
Play Radio and stations
You can ask Siri to play a station or create a new one for you. Ask Siri to:
- "Play Beats 1."
- "Play Elton John's Rocket Hour."
- "Create a radio station for Gorillaz."
- "Play NPR radio."2
Control what's playing
While you're listening to an album or playlist, you can ask Siri to shuffle the songs. You can also tell Siri when you like or dislike a song or play a different version of the same song. Just say, "Hey Siri," then say:
- "Play more songs like this."
- "Skip this song."
- "Turn on repeat."
- "I like this song." or "I don't like this song."
- "Play a different version of this song."
Learn about what's playing
Siri can tell you more details about the music that you're listening to or a recently played song. Ask Siri:
- "What song is this?"
- "What year did this song come out?"
- "Who sings this?"
- "Tell me more about this artist."
- "How many songs are on this album?"
1. Available only in the United States.
2. News radio channels vary by country or region.
Listen to podcasts
Siri can help you listen to any show in the Apple Podcasts catalog and catch up with the latest episodes of podcasts that you subscribe to.
Siri can help you keep up with the podcasts that you follow. You can ask things like:
- "Play Oprah's Supersoul Conversations."
- "Play my newest podcasts."
- "Play the first episode of Lore podcast."
Control podcast playback
You can control the playback of podcasts with Siri. Ask Siri to:
- "Jump back 30 seconds."
- "Play it twice as fast."
- "Skip ahead 10 seconds."
Learn about what's playing
You can ask Siri for information about the podcasts you're currently listening to and ask Siri to subscribe to new podcasts. For example:
- "What podcast is this?"
- "Subscribe to this show."
Play audio in your home
With AirPlay and Siri, you can play and control audio throughout your house. You can also play audio through multiple speakers or add music to a queue to play next or create shared music queues.
Learn how to set up speakers in the Home app.
Play music anywhere
You can ask Siri to play music in specific rooms in your house or multiple rooms at the same time. Say "Hey Siri," then:
- "Play the Rolling Stones in the kitchen."
- "Play jazz everywhere."
- "Play this music in the bedroom."
- "Play Taylor Swift in the bedroom and the kitchen."
Control your music
You can move playback to different rooms, control which speakers are connected to your system, control the volume, and ask questions about what's playing. For example, you can ask Siri:
- "Stop playing music everywhere."
- "Set the volume in the Living Room to 20 percent."
- "Move this music to the Bedroom."
- "What's playing in the kitchen?"
Do more with Siri
With Siri, you can also:
- Listen to audiobooks, as long as they're downloaded to your device. HomePod and Apple Watch can't play audiobooks, but you can AirPlay an audiobook to HomePod.
- Send and read messages, add reminders, and create notes on HomePod.
- Turn on lights, adjust the thermostat, and control all of the products that you use in your home.
- Listen to news, check the weather, and find places on HomePod.