Here's what you need
To send and receive money with Apple Pay, you must be at least 18 years old and you must live in the United States.2 You also need these things:
- A compatible device with iOS 11.2 and later or watchOS 4.2 and later.
- Two-factor authentication for your Apple ID. Make sure that you sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID on any device that you want to use to send or receive money.
- An eligible debit card in Wallet, so you can send money. Learn how to add a card.
After you accept the Terms and Conditions, you can send and receive money with friends and family quickly, easily, and securely right from your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch.
Learn how to send money to friends.
You can't use person to person payments with Apple Pay for any business-related activities, such as operating a business or paying employees.
How to set up Apple Cash in Wallet
When someone sends you money, it's automatically and securely kept on your Apple Cash card. You’ll see your new Apple Cash card in Wallet, and you can use the money to send to someone, make purchases using Apple Pay in stores, within apps, and on the web, or transfer it from Apple Cash to your bank account.
If you’re setting up Apple Cash for the first time, you’ll need to set it up using any supported device where you're signed in to iCloud with your Apple ID.
- Tap Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Tap the Apple Cash card, then follow the onscreen instructions.
If you turn off Apple Cash for any one device, you can still use Apple Cash on other devices where you’re signed in with your Apple ID.
Learn how to add money to Apple Cash.
- There’s no fee to send, receive, or request money using Apple Cash.
- Setting up Apple Cash doesn't affect your credit and won’t be impacted by any credit freezes.
- To protect your account, you might be asked to verify your identity at certain points when using Apple Cash. If you don't want to provide this information, you won't be able to use the full functionality of Apple Cash. Learn how to verify your identity.
- Learn about the minimum and maximum amounts that you can send, receive, transfer, and more.
- Account security checks may require additional time to make funds available.
- Sending and receiving money with Apple Pay and the Apple Cash card are services provided by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC. Learn more about the Terms and Conditions.